One of the most compelling Market Force principles states:
- The cause of all the breakdowns in your life is your intention.
This particular distinction has been incredibly powerful for a number of us through the years, and I think there are two reasons for its significance:
- First, it provides perspective.
- When you really understand that breakdowns are a consequence of intention, there is the opportunity for really clarifying and owning your intention.
- Instead of being a victim of circumstance, you can maintain your balance and work the breakdowns in your life from a mood of ambition about your intention. Think about that – ambition about your intention, not emotional upset about the breakdown. That is a lot of saved energy.
- The second reason that remembering this principle is significant:
- It forces you to make a choice about your future, a choice that is best summed up as follows:
You will either have the future you intend or you will have your reasons why not.
As we all know by now, Market Force claims that life is “breakdown, solution, breakdown, solution, then you die.”
Know that getting through each breakdown gets you closer to your intention, but only if you have the ownership of and commitment to that intention to keep moving forward…no matter what.
So remember, you will either have the future you intend or you will have a great story, excuse, or justification as to why you don’t – and you can’t have both.
What will your choice be?