Let’s start today with a Market Force principle:
“In the Game of Market Force, you are who other people say you are, not who you say.”
This really is a tough one to deny.
You can think you are the greatest father or mother, best doctor or lawyer, or greatest real estate broker known to man.
But, if your community thinks differently, which assessment really matters?
Prosperous players enjoy the challenge of designing what other people say, which means doing two things:
- First, they have a statement in language that they are able to plant into other people’s minds.
- This statement is authentic, short (under ten seconds), and does not contain any buzzwords.
- What it does do is create a design for how others will think about them after the conversation is over.
- Second, they have the passion and the discipline to back up that statement with coherent action.
- If you look closely, accountability really is equal parts passion and discipline.
If you are not approaching the Game of Market Force this way, your identity is at the mercy of other people’s interpretations.
Don’t play this way – it only leads to frustration, disappointment and poverty.
Take control of your future, command of your fate.
This is why Market Force implores you to always remember the principle: